The Law Library and Reference Office have resumed regular hours.
The law library will close for Winter Break on Saturday, December 20 at 4:00 PM. The library will reopen on Sunday, January 4 at 10:00 AM. More information about law library hours is available on our website here.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE GEORGE MASON LAW LIBRARY STAFF!!!
In response to student requests, the law library will be open extended hours during exams.
Library Hours December 1 – 17
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Saturday 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
The Fine Print:
- An Arlington Campus security guard will staff the door from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am. Regular Circulation services will not be available during those hours.
- The building will lock at the normal time of 11:00 pm. If you leave the building, you will not be able to get back in.
- Only GMU students will be allowed to use the library after 11:00 pm.
- You may be asked by the guard to show your GMU ID, so please be sure to have it with you.
- Students are asked not to enter Founders after 11:00 p.m.
The guard will do regular head counts during the late evening to help us determine whether this service is being used or not.
Best of Luck on Exams!!
Fear Not! Use the law library’s E-Journal Finder to locate other GMU Databases that provide access to the needed article.
The Library and Technology Staff welcomes all new and returning students to the George Mason University School of Law. We look forward to seeing you in the library.
Hours: when classes are in session, the library is open:
- Sunday 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Monday -Thursday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Reference: when classes are in session, the Reference Office (on the main floor of the library) is open:
- Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm
- Sunday 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Feel free to contact Reference Librarians in person (no appointment needed), by phone, or send an email. Contact information is on the Staff Directory Page.
The Technology Center: is located on the 3rd floor of the Law Library in Room 362, and is generally open on weekdays from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Contact information is available on the Technology Support Page.
Summer Exams/Bar Exam: July 5 – July 27
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Bar Exam: July 28
- Monday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Summer Intersession: July 29 – August 16
- Sunday CLOSED
- Monday – Saturday: 10:00 AM -6:00 PM
During Summer Intersession, the Reference Office closes at 5:00pm on weekdays.
During the Summer, current GMUSL students have the following legal database access:
- Bloomberg Law: Unlimited, unrestricted access.
- Lexis Advance: Unlimited, unrestricted access.
- Students retain access to all TWEN courses and materials, and West Online Study Aids.
- Limited research access June 1-July 31. Students may apply for a password extension here for the following acceptable uses: Summer law school classes, law journal work, projects for faculty, moot court, and unpaid, nonprofit public-interest internship/externship work required for graduation. Summer passwords may not be used for research for law firms, government agencies, corporations or other purposes unrelated to law school coursework.
The law library has numerous print study aids and other resources on reserve that may be useful during exams:
- Get a broad overview: Nutshells
- Focus on the core principles: Concise Hornbooks, Understanding Series, and Concepts and Insights Series
- Go in-depth: Hornbook Series
- Test yourself: Examples & Explanations Series, and Questions & Answers Series
- Study on the Go: Gilbert Law School Legends Audio Series and Sum & Substance CDs
The most recent edition of these titles is available at the Circulation Desk.
A reminder that the Law Library is pleased to offer Mason law students access to West Study Aids. This subscription provides PDFs of over 350 titles, including:
- Black Letter Outlines
- Concise Hornbook Series
- Exam Pro Series
- Gilbert Law Summaries
- Nutshell Series
- Sum & Substance Quick Reviews
Students may access these materials through their Westlaw account. When you sign-in to Westlaw, click on “My eProducts” on the top toolbar.