GMU Law Library welcomes those studying for the bar. Please check the law library website for information about regular and special summer hours. Mason Law ’15 grads retain all library privileges until September 30.
Below are are list of resources related to bar preparation that may be helpful:
Law Library Print Resources
- The Bar Exam in a Nutshell, by Suzanne Darrow-Klewnhaus (Reserve and West Study Aids (GMUSL only))
- Bar Exam Mind: A Strategy Guide for an Anxiety-Free Bar Exam, by Matt Racine
- Clearing the Last Hurdle: Mapping Success on the Bar Exam, by Wanda M. Temm
- Comprehensive Guide to Bar Exam Requirements 2015 (Reference and also available online)
- The Essential Rules for Bar Exam Success, by Steven I. Friedland
- Hacking the Bar, by P.J. Thompson
- How to Pass the Bar: 7 Crucial Questions Answered, by Michael T. Rosen
- MBE: Beginning Your Campaign to Pass the Bar, by Keith Elkin
- Pass the Bar Exam: a practical guide to achieving academic & professional goals, by Sara J. Berman
- The Zen of Passing the Bar Exam, by Chad Noreuil
Law School Website
GMUSL grads taking the Bar: The law library staff wishes you the best of luck!!
Here’s some useful advice from the Law School Academic Support Blog on gearing up for the Bar Exam (please see the blog for more elaboration):
1) Never take the bar exam “for practice”
2) Don’t let practice tests scare you–let them guide your study
3) Practice your writing under timed conditions
4) Stay away from gimmicks
5) Don’t over-study and burn out before the exam
6) Don’t beat yourself up over minor slip-ups in bar prep
7) Don’t talk to anyone about the exam during breaks or after it is finished
Good luck exam takers!