Our HeinOnline subscription now includes expanded coverage of ABA publications. GMUSL patrons have access to more than 100 periodicals including the most recent editions.
Students may find several titles of general interest:
- Student Lawyer
- Young Advocates
- Young Lawyer
More information about ABA publications available with this new subscription is available here.
“Wait. The information I need to research this topic isn’t on Westlaw or Lexis? Google isn’t helpful either. #$@&%*!”
No need to despair. Instead, attend a short seminar at 5:00pm on Thursday, January 22, in Room 120. We’ll focus on the resources you need to know about to conduct academic legal research.
Take a few minutes now—save time later!!!
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, the Law Library will be closed on Monday, January 19.
The Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. became a federal holiday (5 U.S.C. § 6103(a)) fifteen years after Martin Luther King, Jr.’s death. The holiday was first observed in 1986, but it took another 17 years for nationwide recognition. In 1994, the holiday was designated a day of service under the direction of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
For resources about the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., visit the The King Center Center Website.
Your Study Aids Subscription is accessible by clicking on “my eproducts” on the Westlaw home page:
The library has just received notice from Thomson Reuters that all WESTLAW Passwords (created before October 7, 2O14) ) MUST be changed IMMEDIATELY.
If you do not change your password by January 13, 2015, then your access to WestlawNext and TWEN will be suspended.
Here’s what to do:
LOGON TO WWW.LAWSCHOOL.WESTLAW.COM THEN:
If you have any questions, please stop by or call the Reference Office 703.993.8076.
The Law Library and Reference Office have resumed regular hours.
The law library will close for Winter Break on Saturday, December 20 at 4:00 PM. The library will reopen on Sunday, January 4 at 10:00 AM. More information about law library hours is available on our website here.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE GEORGE MASON LAW LIBRARY STAFF!!!
In response to student requests, the law library will be open extended hours during exams.
Library Hours December 1 – 17
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Saturday 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
The Fine Print:
- An Arlington Campus security guard will staff the door from 11:00 pm to 2:00 am. Regular Circulation services will not be available during those hours.
- The building will lock at the normal time of 11:00 pm. If you leave the building, you will not be able to get back in.
- Only GMU students will be allowed to use the library after 11:00 pm.
- You may be asked by the guard to show your GMU ID, so please be sure to have it with you.
- Students are asked not to enter Founders after 11:00 p.m.
The guard will do regular head counts during the late evening to help us determine whether this service is being used or not.
Best of Luck on Exams!!
The law library has numerous print study aids on reserve at the circulation desk that may be useful during exams:
- Get a broad overview: Nutshells
- Focus on the core principles: Concise Hornbooks and Understanding Series
- Go in-depth: Hornbook Series and Aspen Student Treatise Series
- Test yourself: Examples & Explanations Series and Questions & Answers Series
- Study on the Go: Gilbert Law School Legends Audio Series and Sum & Substance CDs. (Available titles are listed here)
Many of these titles and more are also available to students by accessing our West Study Aids Subscription.